Information We Collect
We collect and maintain various types of PHI about our patients, including but not limited to:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address
- Date of birth, gender, and race
- Medical history
- Health insurance information
How We Use Your Information
We use your PHI for the following purposes:
- Treatment: We use your PHI to provide you with medical treatment and services. This includes sharing your PHI with other healthcare providers involved in your care.
- Healthcare Operations: We use your PHI for activities that are necessary to run our practice, such as quality improvement, audits, and training.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your PHI for the following purposes:
- Treatment: We may disclose your PHI to other healthcare providers involved in your care.
- Healthcare Operations: We may disclose your PHI to business associates who perform services for us, such as billing or IT support.
- We may also disclose your PHI as required by law or to respond to a court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
You have the following rights with respect to your PHI:
- Right to Access: You have the right to access and receive a copy of your PHI.
- Right to Amend: You have the right to request that we amend your PHI if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Restrict: You have the right to request that we restrict the use and disclosure of your PHI for certain purposes.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications: You have the right to request that we communicate with you about your PHI in a certain way or at a certain location.
- Right to File a Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with us or with the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.
Safeguarding Your Information
We are committed to safeguarding your PHI and have implemented various measures to protect it, including:
- Physical safeguards, such as secure storage of records and restricted access to our premises
- Technical safeguards, such as firewalls and encryption
- Administrative safeguards, such as staff training and policies and procedures for handling PHI
Efficient Medical Care PC