Complete Dental Care in New York –Sunnyside, Jamaica, Jackson Heights
Complete dental care is the term used for maintaining teeth, gums, and mouth healthy and free from problems like bad breath, gum disease, cavities, discoloration etc. To keep your mouth and teeth in good condition and thus doing a complete dental care, you must always keep in mind that consistency is the key. A healthy mouth is an indicator of overall good health. In Efficient Medical Care in New York –Sunnyside, Jamaica, Jackson Heights, we have an array of dental care services. But first let us go through the basics of complete dental care.
- Brushing your teeth twice regularly is the first and foremost step toward a complete dental care. It is recommended by dentists to use a fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristles toothbrush. Brushing systematically helps remove plaque, food particles and bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
- Flossing helps pull out food particles and plaque from between teeth and along gum lines where toothbrushes cannot reach. It is advised to floss at least once a day.
- Using mouthwash once everyday helps prevent bad breath, gingivitis, and plaque. Use a mouthwash that suits your taste but is also beneficial to oral health and a complete dental care.
- Foods and drinks rich in sugar and acid contribute to tooth cavities. Thus, a balanced diet with little or no such food should be consumed to prevent tooth decay and gum diseases.
- It is advised to wear mouthguards while doing sports or such activities to prevent tooth injuries or even tooth loss.
- It is pivotal to visit the dentist once every six months to maintain a decent oral health. During these visits, make sure to get professional dental cleaning, examination –a complete dental care done as they allow early detection of problems.
- It is suggested to avoid habits like smoking, drinking too much alcohol, chewing tobacco etc. as they deteriorate oral health and can even cause cancer.
- Any sign of dental discomfort, toothaches, gum bleeding etc should be addressed immediately to prevent them from worsening.
- Orthodontic treatments such as braces and aligners can help with misaligned teeth and improve overall oral condition.
Services provided by our dentists in Sunnyside, Jamaica, JackSon Heights
Here in Efficient Medical Care, we serve you in three different locations in New York – Sunnyside, Jamaica, and Jackson Heights. We are open to address your dental health issues. Our services include:
Dental Examinations: Our dentists of Efficient Medical Care in New York –Sunnyside, Jamaica, or Jackson Heights, examine teeth, jaws, gums, soft tissues and overall oral condition. Regular dental checkups are mandatory for your oral health.
Professional Teeth Cleaning: To remove plaque, tartar (hardened plaque), and other stains from your teeth, our dental hygienists do a thorough cleaning of your teeth and it helps prevent cavities and gum diseases.
Diagnostics: To detect dental problems such as gum issues, dental cavities, impacted teeth, and jaw problems that aren’t clearly seen through examining, our dentists in New York – Sunnyside, Jamaica, Jackson Heights, will use X-rays and other diagnostic tools.
Fillings: Our dentists remove cavities from your teeth by removing the decayed parts and filling it with substances such as amalgam, composite resin, or porcelain to restore your teeth structure and functions.
Gum treatment: Like the aforementioned ones we also have gum treatment in all three of our locations – Sunnyside, Jamaica, and Jackson Heights. Scaling and root planing are the most common ones. They include cleaning the teeth below the gum line to get rid of plaque and tartar and smooth the root surfaces that promote gum healing.
Root Canals: A root canal becomes necessary when the pulp inside a tooth is infected or inflamed. This procedure involves removing the infected pulp, cleaning inside the tooth with needles, dressing till it dries, and then sealing it to prevent further infection. Our dentists in Efficient Medical Care in New York will make the entire process as painless as possible.
Tooth Extractions: We have tooth extraction services in all three of our locations – Sunnyside, Jamaica, and Jackson Heights. This is a super painful process. Our dentists perform extractions when a tooth is severely damaged, impacted, decayed, or causing crowding. Wisdom teeth removal is very common too.
Dental Crowns and Bridges: To restore the shape, size, appearance, and strength, dental crowns and caps are placed over damaged teeth. We use bridges to replace missing teeth by anchoring artificial teeth to adjacent natural teeth or implants.
Dental Implants: Our dentists in New York – Sunnyside, Jamaica, Jackson Heights provide foundation for artificial teeth (crowns) and help preserve bone structure by placing implants into the jawbone. This is done in order to replace missing tooth roots.
Dentures: Dentures are a removable substitute for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Full dentures replace all teeth, partial dentures fill gaps between natural teeth.
Specialized Services: Our dentists in New York –Sunnyside, Jamaica, Jackson Heights also perform specialized services such as orthodontics, oral surgery, pediatric dentistry, cosmetic dentistry etc.
When should you see a dentist?
Efficient Medical Care in New York –Sunnyside, Jamaica, Jackson Heights is always there for you when you need complete dental care. The following are your cues to see a dentist.
- If you have a stubborn toothache, tooth sensitivity to cold or hot food and drinks, problems while chewing anything, it is pivotal to see a dentist as these issues may point to tooth decay, infection, or any other dental issue.
- Gingivitis, periodontitis etc are some common gum diseases that lead to swollen, bleeding, or receding gums. To prevent further damage or a potential tooth loss, drop by at Efficient Medical Care in New York – Sunnyside, Jamaica, or Jackson Heights.
- If you brush, floss, and use mouthwash regularly for a complete dental care, and even then you have chronic bad breath, it is an indication of underlying oral infection or any other dental issue. You must see a dentist then.
- Despite your complete dental care, you might encounter persistent sores, lesions, or lumps in your mouth, lips, tongue, or throat. This could point toward oral cancer or any other serious disease. So you must see a dentist. Drop by to any of our locations –Sunnyside, Jamaica, or Jackson Heights.
- Complete dental care includes your whole mouth and jaws too. If you have chronic pain in your jaws, clicking sound, or discomfort in opening or closing your mouth, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder could be the problem. It requires dental evaluation.
- A lot of people have experienced injuries to their teeth, mouth, or jaws due to a fall, an accident that may not cause pain. Even then it is advised to see a dental professional. Same goes for sports injuries or any other dental trauma.
- Dental restorations such as crowns, fillings, bridges etc with time, become worn out, loose or damaged. It is mandatory to get them examined, repaired or replaced.
- Complete dental care is particularly needed during pregnancy as pregnant women often go through teeth issues. It is advised to go for more often dental checkups during pregnancy.
- If you have aligners, braces, or any other orthodontic treatments, visit your dentist from time to time for evaluations as this is part of your complete dental care too.